The garden is doing well. It is slower than last year but we harvested the first few tomatoes over the weekend and the share this week including cucumbers and summer squash.

On the 5th of July we had an infestation of Japanese Beetles. We found them on our hazelnut trees, apple trees and everything around those trees. We put up some traps and caught over a gallon of them over night. Also spayed with BT but not BTg so who knows if it will work. Dusted effected areas with diatomaceous earth. Hopefully something will work or we could lose the trees and the squash and basil planted around them.

We have also added several recipes to our recipe page. We will keep doing this all summer long and into the winter so you can figure out how we use the food we produce.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.