Garlic Scape Dip
A quick cheesy garlicy dip or spread
- 7 oz garlic scapes with seed heads removed (or not removed if they are young and tender about 23 scapes
- 2.5 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Cup extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- 1/3 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 12 oz Parmigiano cheese
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 2 radishes diced finely
- Cut the seed head off the garlic scapes and chop the scapes into smaller lengths e.g. half inch to 1 inch pieces – give or take. If young and tender seed head can be left on.
- Add chopped scapes, lemon juice into a food processor and puree.
- Drizzle EVOO into the filler tube on the food processor while running in slow speed.
- Add salt, pepper.
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks and roll in the Parmigiano cheese to coat. (This helps it blend more evenly.)
- Place half the combined cheeses in the processor and pulse.
- Place the remaining combined cheeses in the processor and pulse/puree until completely smooth.
- Hand stir in the diced radishes and enjoy.
- Serving suggestions: on sandwiches, burgers, etc. as a condiment; dip with veggie crudets or crackers.
Serving: 1TbsCalories: 4824kcalCarbohydrates: 118gProtein: 160gFat: 423gSaturated Fat: 151gCholesterol: 606mgSodium: 7371mgPotassium: 869mgFiber: 7gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 7239IUVitamin C: 100mgCalcium: 4873mgIron: 10mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!